The protection of individual privacy is a concern to the City of Taylors Falls, and is governed by Minnesota Statutes Chapter 13 (Government Data Practices Act). The City of Taylors Falls has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to privacy. This policy does not apply to websites operated by third parties that you may have access through a link from our website. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
About your visit to our website
Like most web sites, our site reads some information from your computer that helps us analyze traffic patterns, perform routine maintenance, maintain site security, and helps you navigate through our site. Generally, the information we collect is temporary and when you leave our website, this information is deleted from our system. The only information the City of Taylors Falls automatically collects and maintains is the following:
- Total number of visitors to our website.
- Types of computer systems used to access our site.
- Web browser type and version.
- Date and time of access.
- The website you visited prior to coming to this website.
- Information about possible system security threats.
Occasionally, the City of Taylors Falls may have a survey on the website that only allows a visitor to vote once. In order to keep track of whether you have voted, a cookie (a simple text file) will be created and stored on your computer. This cookie is created on your computer by voting on the survey. It will not contain personally identifying information and will not compromise your privacy or security. The only information that is contained is the name of the survey and how you voted. This cookie will remain on your computer for the duration of the survey. The cookie has an expiration date. When the date occurs, it will be deleted from your computer.
Unless a copyright is indicated, information on the City of Taylors Falls’ website is in the public domain and may be reproduced, published, or otherwise used with the City of Taylors Falls’ permission. We request only that the City of Taylors Falls be cited as the source of the information and that any photo credits, graphics, or byline be similarly credited to the photographer, author, or City of Taylors Falls, as appropriate.
The City of Taylors Falls has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on this website. However, due to the possibility of unauthorized access to this site, data transmission errors, changes to source material made since the last update to the website, or other human or mechanical errors, the information contained on this website should not be deemed reliable for legal purposes. Please contact City offices at 651-465-5133 to verify the accuracy of the information.
Information you provide to us
The City of Taylors Falls does not keep any personal information about you or your visit to our website unless you have specifically supplied it to us. For instance, if you have supplied us with personal information as part of your request for information from us, we will keep the information you gave to us so that we may be able to reply to or handle your request. We will treat such information in accordance with the requirements of the Government Data Practices Act. This means that it will be treated in the same way as written forms of communication, and in many instances, it will be considered public information available to the public upon request. To the extent allowed by law, the City of Taylors Falls will make reasonable attempts to protect personal financial information from disclosure.
The purpose of this website is to provide information about the City of Taylors Falls’ government, services, and attractions. This website may provide links to websites outside this website that also serve this purpose. The City of Taylors Falls is not responsible for and does not endorse the information on any linked website unless the City of Taylors Falls’ website states otherwise. The following criteria will be used to decide whether to grant requests for website links. If a particular request does not fit any of the following criteria, the City Clerk will decide whether to approve the request. The City Clerk will approve the requested website link if it serves the general purpose of the City’s website.
The City’s website will provide links to websites for:
- Governmental and educational institutions.
- Organizations with some relationship to the City (including, but not limited to, organizations contracting with the City, organizations sponsoring City activities or programs, and organizations participating in City activities or programs).
- Generally recognized community organizations.
- Organizations providing information about art, cultural, social, and sporting activities in the City’s area.
- Organizations providing information about employment or volunteer opportunities in the City’s area.
- Organizations providing information about tourist attractions in the City’s area.
The City’s website will not provide links to websites for:
- Candidates for local, state, or federal offices.
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state, or federal issue.
- Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above.
- Individual or personal home pages.